Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Geek Chic: N7

Hello everyone!
During the next few posts I will be posting swatches of a whole bunch of Geek Chic Cosmetics  products. I will be dividing them by collection, if there's enough to warrant a whole post by themselves. I don't know how long it will take me but hopefully I'll have them all up by the end of the week.
I tried a new technique for swatches ( I realized my swatches were pretty sloppy, and now that I'm getting the hang of my new camera, it seemed only fair to try and make better swatches). I have tried my best to accurately depict these colors, and will also be posting official color descriptions according to the website, along with my own interpretations/comments on each one. Without further ado, here's the first post: N7.

Anyone who knows me knows that these past few weeks I've been keeping myself sane by playing Mass Effect obsessively. I've already gone through two playthroughs of ME1 and ME2, and am currently working on ME3 for the second time. I always play FemShep. I think the dude's a douche. To each their own ;)


(swatches over Pixie Epoxy)

(Daylight Bulb, no flash) L-R: Archangel, Cerberus, N7, Normandy

(With Flash)

Color Descriptions: 
Archangel:  Archangel is very unique. It's a rich, dusty sage color with a lovely pearl finish. It has just the tiniest touch of shimmer to it, yet is still soft and sophisticated.

My take: I didn't really see this as a green, more like maybe a silver with a slight hint of green. It is pearly, and absolutely beautiful though. Plus, Archangel is probably one of my favorite characters in the game :)

Cerberus: Cerberus is a bright, true yellow gold. It goes on opaque, but can be applied lightly for sheer coverage too.

My Take: This is such a beautiful gold color. I kind of want to bathe in it.

N7: N7 is an all out assault of awesome red. It goes on bright and solid and packs a punch of silver sparkle that will blow your mind!

My Take: This is definitely intense, and I love it. I saw more of a satin-like finish, rather than full-on sparkly, but you do get some silver sparkles which make it look even better. I can't wait to try this mixed with some clear gloss. It did stain my skin a bit, so  I definitely would use a primer under it. 

Normandy: Normandy is a dark, gunmetal gray with a metallic sheen. It goes on opaque, but can be applied lightly for sheer coverage.

My Take: It's a nice, opaque color, and the color description is quite accurate. I think it would look really pretty in a look along with N7 (will try, eventually)

That concludes my first swatch post in the Geek Chic series! Don't forget to check back for the others, soon :)

Thanks for reading!
-Tat 




No comments: